THE STRONG NATIONAL MUSEUM OF PLAY
The Strong is a highly interactive, collections-based museum devoted to the history and exploration of play. Located in Rochester, N.Y., it is one of the nation’s leading museums serving families. As a nonprofit institution, The Strong must make every promotional dollar count in their quest to boost engagement and visitation.
Zimmet Group helped define a results-focused strategy based on transitional ads designed to run directly on newspaper websites in the gap between page navigations. Results were significant over the course of a year.
We boosted click-through rates by 900% while reducing cost per click averages by 35%.
TRANSITIONAL AD TACTICS
- Develop only one core set of visual assets for each visiting exhibit or weekend event that could be optimized for multiple ad sizes
- Accommodate a wide range of exhibit branding requirements
- Include timely messages that would transition as the exhibit progressed, increasing visitor excitement and urgency
- Incorporate engagement-driving animation
- Track data on ad popularity and transitional messaging effectiveness
American Marketing Association – Pinnacle Award Winner for Online Advertising